Careers at The Gardens
Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is an equal opportunity employer and accepts employment applications and/or resumes for currently open positions only. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Individual Donor Coordinator
Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is seeking an Individual Donor Coordinator.
• Identify, cultivate and recruit new donor and membership prospects.
• Develop and institute a plan for individual donors and members.
• Analyze and monitor current donor and membership categories, levels and benefits.
• Produce renewal, new member and past member materials for promotion and solicitation.
• Work with the Development Staff on Gift and Membership acknowledgements.
• Assist in creating individual donor materials for events and donor campaigns.
• Staff and promote membership booth and plan recruitment at BBG special events, in conjunction with education programs and any other events deemed appropriate.
• Participate in market research and visitor survey.
• Work with the Development staff in planning and implementing donor appreciation, cultivation events and donor/member activities and programs.
• Prepare annual budget, goals and reports.
• Create, prepare, monitor and produce monthly reports for publications and departmental meetings. Meet monthly goals and benchmarks; prepare and monitor monthly expenses.
• Be an integral part of the Development staff and Birmingham Botanical Gardens team. Participate in BBG events, functions and programs as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4 years work experience at a similar position
- Self- Starter with the ability to work well with the public and as a team player
- Excellent organizational, people, computer, writing, editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills- willingness to make calls and follow up with donors
- Experience with MS Office Software, Photoshop and Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong work ethics - timeliness, honesty, integrity, pride in your work product
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
Birmingham Botanical Gardens does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin.
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, protects qualified individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment.