2015 Central South Native Plant Conference
Friday and Saturday, October 30 and 31
Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is pleased to offer a limited number of student scholarships for our Central South Native Plant Conference (CSNPC) on October 29, 30 and 31, 2015. Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on demonstrated interest in native plants and their habitats. Applicants must be students enrolled full-time in a college or university. We are able to offer this benefit thanks to the generosity of several donors. Scholarship recipients are encouraged to participate in a poster session.
Each scholarship will include:
• Tuition for both days of the conference
• Lunch and refreshments both days
• Possible assistance with overnight accommodations and travel.
To be considered for a scholarship, please submit the following by August 31, 2015:
• A statement explaining why attending the CSNPC would be of value to you; include a description of your background/research goals/past experience/current interest or involvement with native plants and/or their habitats
• A letter of recommendation by your academic advisor
• Proof of your enrollment as a full-time student
With your statement, please include:
Name of school at which you are enrolled:
Type of degree program:
Focus of studies:
Anticipated date of graduation:
Note: Scholarship recipients may be called upon to provide assistance during the conference.
Please send application materials electronically to:
John T. Manion
Kaul Wildflower Garden
Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens
2612 Lane Park Road
Birmingham, AL 35223