Guided Group Tour of Birmingham Botanical Gardens
On a 3-week advance request basis, we can provide a Guided Tour of Birmingham Botanical Gardens for your group (minimum of 10 and up to a maximum of 50). Tours will be led by volunteer docents and are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. There are more than 30 unique gardens and 67.5 acres for you to explore on your own from dawn to dusk every day of the year.
You may choose from the following for your guided tour:
- General Seasonal Highlights Garden Tour, 60 minutes, available all year, (good weather only)
- Japanese Garden Tour, 75 minutes, available all year, (good weather only)
- Southern Living Garden Tour, 60 minutes, available all year, (good weather only)
- Conservatory, 60 minutes, available November through May, (rain or shine)
- Rose Garden, 45 minutes, available April through November, (good weather only, NOT available on Tuesdays)
- Kaul Wildfower and Bog Gardens, 60 minutes, best March-May, some uphill walking (good weather only)
If your plans should change, please call as soon as possible to notify us. In case of rain or inclement weather please call to reschedule. Your docent guide will meet you on the Blount Plaza by the restrooms.
There are no charges for this service or to visit The Gardens. A donation to Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is welcome, and a donation envelope can be provided upon request.
To arrange your tour or if you have any questions please contact the volunteer coordinator at 205.414.3962.
For other Greater Birmingham Area Attractions please contact Cultural Alliance of Greater Birmingham at 205.458.1393, www.activeculture.info or the Greater Birmingham Convention Visitors Bureau at 800.458.8085, 205.458.8000, www.birminghamal.org.
Golf Cart Tour for Visitors with Mobility Impairments
We offer tours of selected areas of The Gardens by golf cart for visitors with genuine mobility impairments. These tours are available Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 11 a.m. for individuals and small groups of 5 or less to visit a maximum of three selected areas of The Gardens. Visitors must schedule tours a minimum of two weeks in advance and confirm with The Gardens within 48 hours of the scheduled tour time. There is no fee for admission to The Gardens or for a golf cart tour; however a suggested donation of $10 to Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is greatly appreciated. To inquire about tour availability, please contact Plant Adventure Program Specialist Brooke McMinn at 205.414.3914 or email@example.com.
Click here for a virtual tour of Birmingham Botanical Gardens.