Plant Adventures Programs
Plant Adventures Programs offer an evolving framework to explore the intersection of human diversity and plant diversity. One role of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is to facilitate such exploration in this unique urban environment and in outreach to the Greater Birmingham community. These programs are designed to make plants and The Gardens accessible to visitors and participants of all abilities.
- Provide truly inclusive programming for participants of all abilities.
- Promote the well-being of people and the environment.
- Emphasize education and community collaboration.
- Explore people’s cultural connections to plants.
- In the Zone - hands-on, educational volunteer activities with plants along with explorations of their relationship to our human ecology through The Gardens’ collections.
- Adventures in The Gardens - seasonal botanical explorations for groups in The Gardens.
- Access Gardens - golf cart tours for visitors with genuine mobility issues
- Outreach Adventures - botanical outreach and educational experiences for children and adults in the community.
For more information on how you can support or get involved with Plant Adventures, contact Plant Adventures Program Specialist Brooke McMinn at 205.414.3914 or email@example.com.
Plant Adventure Programs made possible by
Hill Crest Foundation - Comer Foundation - Cawaco RC&D