Notice of Privacy Practices
The Birmingham Botanical Society, Inc., d/b/a Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, (collectively, “Us”, “Our”, or “We”) is a nonprofit, mission-driven, membership-based organization that seeks to protect, nurture, and share the wonders of Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, Alabama. We recognize that you may be concerned about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Information provided by you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, preferred title, and other personally identifying information. For example, We collect information from you when you fill out a form on our website requesting services or providing donations or when you fill out a physical copy of a form. These examples are non-exhaustive and include additional instances of personally identifiable information collected by Us;
- Information provided by third parties about you. As part of Our services, We may also collect information from: banking institutions following a purchase of products or services through us, including, but not limited to, your contact information; other third parties to help improve the user experience with the Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Our Websites, and any other modes of communication between you and Us; and any interactions between Our Website and your account or actions on a third-party site, application, or other services, which is linked to Our Website; and
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, domain address, IP addresses, internet browser, operating system, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and information collected through cookies.
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present our Websites and its contents to you and to improve Our Websites (We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you);
- To communicate with you about your requests;
- To provide you with information or services;
- To fulfill Our obligations to you as a customer, volunteer, and/or member;
- To process your donations to Us on Our Websites and at any brick-and-mortar location where We offer services or products;
- To process your purchases through Us on Our Websites and at any brick-and-mortar location where We offer services or products;
- To process your class and event registration(s) through Us on Our Websites and at any brick-and-mortar location where We offer services or products;
- To provide you with notices about your account and to improve customer service (your information helps Us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To register and service your membership account with Us;
- To offer discounts to our members;
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide Us;
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to Our Website and any products, workshops, or services We offer or those that are provided from others through Us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on Our Website and to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To enable communications to you regarding products, workshops, or services We offer or those that are provided from others through Us such as through email;
- To work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Us or Our Websites;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including but not limited to the processing of your inquiries regarding class registrations, volunteer services, or product purchases;
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users and de-identified data or information that does not identify an individual.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Additionally, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping those passwords confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
This Website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage Our users to be aware when they leave Our Websites and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We encourage user to review the privacy statements and agreements for Shopify.com the e-commerce platform hosting Our online store at www.fbbg-plant-sale.myshopify.com or any subsequent online stores we have now or in the future. We do not have control over the privacy practices of Shopify.
We further encourage user to review the privacy statements and agreements for www.volunteerhub.com, the platform hosting Our volunteering list serve and applications at https://bbgardens.volunteerhub.com, or any subsequent platforms we have or may use now or in the future. We do not have control over the privacy practices of Volunteer Hub.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this Website or through any of its features. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.